Ask Your Member of Congress to take Action on Immigration Reform
April 6th, 2009
People of faith continue to call for reform of the broken immigration and border systems in the US. With the Congress on Easter/Passover recess from April 6 – 17, and many Members in their home districts, we have a wonderful opportunity to ask them to take action on immigration and border reform. Faith communities across the United States are coming together in more than 120 Neighbor to Neighbor in-district meetings with their Members of Congress to ask them to enact Comprehensive Immigration and Border Reforms this year.
The Oblate JPIC Office has released a resource guide on Immigration and Border Reform that includes talking points for meetings with your elected representatives. The resource is a PowerPoint that can also be used as a discussion tool with groups.
Tell your Member of Congress to act boldly on immigration reform. Join your faith community or interfaith group for action. Contact George Ngolwe [email@example.com] for additional information about neighbor-to-neighbor in-district visits and tips on talking about immigration and border reforms.
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015