Human Right to Water and Sanitation materials available from the UN
June 30th, 2011
The materials were developed on the occasion of activities jointly organized by the UN-Water Decade Programme on Advocacy and Communication (UNW-DPAC), UN-Habitat, the UN-Water Decade Programme on Capacity Development (UNW-DPC) and the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) at Deutsche Welle Global Media Forum (20-22 June 2011). Click on the following links to access the documents:
- A Short Glossary on the human right to water and sanitation which defines frequently used terms.
- A Media Brief presenting the current situation and some examples illustrating how the human right to water and sanitation is being implemented in practice
- A Reader, which provides basic references for easy reading and some of the latest and most relevant United Nations publications on this issue
- Eight Short Facts on the human right to water and sanitation
- A UN Milestones document presenting the UN historical background and evolution of recognition of the human right to water and sanitation