Oblates Join Broad Coalition in support of Massachusetts Congo Conflict Mineral Bill
December 7th, 2011
The Missionary Oblate JPIC has joined a broad coalition supporting the Massachusetts Congo Conflict Minerals bill. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts introduced a bill that could make a significant difference in the lives of the people in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
State Representative Martin J. Walsh (D) introduced the bill titled “An Act Relative to Congo Conflict Minerals”, (HD 04065). If passed, the Massachusetts Congo conflict minerals law would prohibit the Commonwealth of Massachusetts from contracting with companies that do not comply with federal regulations for the certification of minerals originating in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015