Support Social Protection for All!
December 15th, 2011
VIVAT members are strongly supporting the Social Protection Floor Initiative – a joint UN effort coordinated by the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the World Health Organization (WHO) and supported by numerous UN agencies, international NGOs, development banks and other development partners. The Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate is a member of VIVAT.
In a world of growing inequality this floor is a necessary tool for eradicating poverty. It helps governments to build more inclusive national development plans, which put people at the center.
Please sign the petition in support of this initiative:
- Petition for Social Protection – English
- Piso de Protección Social – Espanol
- Assine a Carta – Portuges
- La Petition sur le Socle de Protection Sociale – Francais
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015