Lenten Resources to Care for Creation
February 12th, 2013Thanks to the Franciscan Action Network for these suggested Lenten materials.
- The “Stations of the Cross with Blessed John Paul II: On the path of ecological conversion” is available in both English and Spanish.
- Sr. Terri MacKenzie, SHCJ has offered “Spirituality of Soil: A Lenten Journey from Cosmic Dust to Easter Garden,” a five-week program for groups or individuals.
Grounded in Lenten themes, Scripture, and the Universe Story, participants deepen their appreciation of Sister Mother Earth and the gift of soil. Reflections on the role of earth in the Gospels and in our evolution story highlight the importance of mitigating the current threats to Earth.
Each week contains a closing activity and suggestions for Earth-care action. Users can adapt this material in any way that will deepen participants’ consciousness of the sacred interconnection of all life and our part in co-creating a sustainable future.
3) Please also consider the Lent 4.5 program that uses the traditional Lenten disciplines of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving to promote caring for God’s creation, embracing gospel justice, and nurturing spiritual fulfillment. The core of the program is a series of handouts or bulletin inserts distributed throughout the weeks of Lent. There is also a school resource book that comes with permission to reprint for all classes, and a discussion course book that is usable any time of the year, not just Lent.
4) Inspired by Pope Benedict XVI’s teaching on Creation and the environment, the Archdiocese of Washington (D.C.) Care for Creation Committee offers you a new “Caring for Creation Calendar” for Lent 2013 in the Year of Faith. The calendar offers practical ways you can grow in your understanding of what it means to be a wise steward of God’s Creation and to deepen your commitment to practices and attitudes which promote care for Creation.
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015