Solidarity for Peaceful Elections in Kenya
February 21st, 2013
On March 4, the Republic of the Kenya will hold general elections. Catholic Task Force on Africa (CTFA), a coalition of Catholic religious communities and organizations in Washington D.C. has issued a letter of solidarity for peaceful elections in Kenya.
The CTFA statement of solidarity says,
Many remember the violence that erupted during the election of 2007. We encourage you, our brothers and sisters to reject any form of violence, refrain from hate speech and to avoid making ethnic tensions the center of this historic democratic exercise. We encourage you to use legal and peaceful mechanisms as you elect your next government.
The Missionary Oblates have a presence in the Kenya where they work in catholic parishes and operate development projects. United State Province Missionary Oblate JPIC office is a member of the Catholic Task Force on Africa.
- A video tribute to Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI (1980-2016) September 22nd, 2016
- 36th General Chapter of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate Convening in Rome September 16th, 2016
- Remembering Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI September 15th, 2016
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015