Ketchup or Sequestration?
February 27th, 2013
One stream of the analysis of the January retail numbers focused concretely on the impact that the reinstatement of the payroll tax had on the paychecks of more than 160 million U.S. workers and therefore on their spending habits. At the stroke of midnight on Dec. 31 the temporary rolling grand bargain on the fiscal cliff immediately brought lower paychecks to many households. For workers earning $50,000 in annual salary, that means $80 a month slashed from take-home pay, a bag of groceries weekly.
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
- Support the BRIGDE Act for Young Immigrants January 13th, 2017
- Remembering Dr. King’s Legacy Promotes Christian Unity January 5th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015