Close Expensive Offshore Tax Loopholes
October 18th, 2013
Tax Justice Network is collecting organizational signatures for a letter in support of proposed legislation by Senator Carl Levin; the Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act (S. 1533). This critical piece of legislation closes the most egregious offshore tax loopholes used by big multinationals and wealthy individuals. It would raise $220 billion in revenue – enough to cover the costs of two years of the sequester.
Their goal is to sign on 500 organizations. Now that a short-term deal has been struck to reopen the government and extend the debt limit, Congress will move to set up a conference committee on the budget. Closing tax loopholes needs to be on the table in these budget negotiations.
The deadline for the letter is COB Friday, October 25th. To sign on, please visit this link.
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015