Resources to Root Out Slavery
June 2nd, 2014Below are two great resources to help us learn about and do something about modern day slavery. Please check them out.
Know The Chain is a resource that can be used to educate people about the existence of slavery in supply chains. It seeks to open dialogue to help companies build supply chains free of forced labor and trafficking. Visit the site: www.knowthechain.org
The Amistad Movement is a national education campaign, sponsored by the US Conference of Catholic Bishops, that works through churches, cultural organizations, and other community-based groups to empower immigrants and local leaders to prevent human trafficking in their communities.
Through the training you will learn how to:
- identify human trafficking and exploitation in the domestic, agricultural, service, and sex industries;
- establish partnerships with coalitions and other organizations dedicated to combating human trafficking;
- support survivors of human trafficking;
- become an ethical employer and consumer; and
- educate others about this modern day slavery
For more information or to schedule a free training in your community please email MRSTRAFF@usccb.org or call (202) 541-3021.
- A video tribute to Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI (1980-2016) September 22nd, 2016
- 36th General Chapter of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate Convening in Rome September 16th, 2016
- Remembering Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI September 15th, 2016
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015