Fall Harvest Feast: 39I Michigan Vegetable Garden
October 30th, 2014
The abundance of the 391 Michigan Avenue Vegetable Garden was celebrated in a Fall Harvest party last Saturday, 25 October at the garden itself. The pictures below say it all beautifully and thoroughly! The weather was perfect. There were about 65 people in attendance, who prayed, did a little Tai Chi, and feasted on a scrumptious four-course farm fresh vegan menu prepared by Tambra from NativeSol Kitchen, with a variety of libations.
We were blessed with a live jazz performance organized by Violet Marley that featured some familiar Bob Marley tunes as well as some original pieces from the performers themselves. Garlic was planted in abundance and some general preparations for winter were made easier by volunteering hands.
Thanks to Gail Taylor (the farmer) and her friends and colleagues, to George Ngolwe (JPIC Staff) for his many contributions related to the garden, and to José Roberto Araújo da Silva OMI for his generous contributions to the Garden during the season and his logistics and personal support for the event on Saturday.
- A video tribute to Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI (1980-2016) September 22nd, 2016
- 36th General Chapter of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate Convening in Rome September 16th, 2016
- Remembering Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI September 15th, 2016
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015