Fall Harvest Feast: 39I Michigan Vegetable Garden
October 30th, 2014
The abundance of the 391 Michigan Avenue Vegetable Garden was celebrated in a Fall Harvest party last Saturday, 25 October at the garden itself. The pictures below say it all beautifully and thoroughly! The weather was perfect. There were about 65 people in attendance, who prayed, did a little Tai Chi, and feasted on a scrumptious four-course farm fresh vegan menu prepared by Tambra from NativeSol Kitchen, with a variety of libations.
We were blessed with a live jazz performance organized by Violet Marley that featured some familiar Bob Marley tunes as well as some original pieces from the performers themselves. Garlic was planted in abundance and some general preparations for winter were made easier by volunteering hands.
Thanks to Gail Taylor (the farmer) and her friends and colleagues, to George Ngolwe (JPIC Staff) for his many contributions related to the garden, and to José Roberto Araújo da Silva OMI for his generous contributions to the Garden during the season and his logistics and personal support for the event on Saturday.
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015