Missionary Oblates join other faith leaders in open letter to Donald Trump
December 11th, 2015
Upon the recommendation of the Oblate JPIC office, Provincial of the U.S. Missionary Oblates Province, Fr. William Antone, OMI endorsed a letter by faith leaders addressed to Mr. Donald Trump concerning comments about Muslims.
The Oblate School of Theology (OST) Executive Committee in San Antonio TX has also endorsed the letter.
Open letter from faith leaders to Donald Trump
As leaders in America’s faith community, our institutions do not engage in partisan politics. We do, however, speak to important moral and ethical issues facing our nation.
In this spirit, we write to express in the strongest possible terms our deep disappointment and even disgust with the proposal made by you to stop allowing Muslims to enter the United States.
Our faith traditions demand that we extend a welcoming hand to those in need. America is an immigrant nation. We know that many have come to our country, and continue to do so, seeking religious freedom and an end to persecution…..
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015