US Catholic Bishops: End Deportation Raids and Detention of Immigrant Mothers with Children
January 14th, 2016
Bishop Eusebio Elizondo, auxiliary bishop of Seattle and chairman of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops’ (USCCB) Committee on Migration and Bishop Kevin Vann of Orange, California, chairman of Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc., (CLINIC) are calling on the Obama Administration to stop deportation raids and detention of immigrant mothers with children.
“We find such targeting of immigrant women and children – most of whom fled violence and persecution in their home countries – to be inhumane and a grave misuse of limited enforcement resources,” in a letter addressed to the Secretary of Homeland Security.
Full letter is available here:http://www.usccb.org/news/2016/16-005.cfm
- Photos from Frs. Jim Brobst and Antonio Ponce’s 3-Week Visit to Zambia December 2nd, 2016
- Have a Blessed Thanksgiving! November 23rd, 2016
- Shop for Bargains and Make a Statement this Black Friday November 21st, 2016
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015