2016 Oblate Week of Prayer for Vocations
May 17th, 2016
From May 21st to May 29th, Missionary Oblate communities and parishes around the world are encouraged to participate in actions of prayer and reflection for vocations to Oblate life and mission. May 21 is the Feast of St. Eugene and May 29 is the anniversary of Blessed Joseph Gerard, the Oblate Missionary who worked in Lesotho. These nine days bring oblates, associates, parishioners, mission partners and friends together in prayer and reflection on oblate life and mission.
We at the Oblate JPIC office would like to invite you and offer this solidarity opportunity to pray and take action for the poor and marginalized people around your local community and the world. The Oblate JPIC office has prepared a two-page novena with prayers and reflections on justice and peace themes such as climate change, immigration, consistent life and socially responsible investing to guide you in participating. Commit to join for one, some or all of the days of Novena for Oblate Vocations. Share this resource with others; invite your community to use this novena resource in promoting vocations to the Missionary Oblate family.
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015