Join Oblate JPIC in Praying for Orlando Shooting Victims
June 14th, 2016
The Missionary Oblates Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation Office stands in solidarity with the shooting victims, their families and friends in light of the horrible attack that took place at an LGBT night club in Orlando. We keep them in our prayers. We also unite our voice to those who work for peace and reject all kinds of violence against the human life.
‘Pope Francis decries Orlando massacre and prays for victims.’ Read Pope Francis statement on the massacre here.
Bishop John Noonan of the Catholic Diocese of Orlando, FL released the following statement. “A sword has pierced the heart of our city. Since learning of the tragedy this morning, I have urged all to pray for the victims, the families and first responders.”
Reflecting on the same tragedy Catholic Bishop Robert Lynch of St Petersburg in Florida lamented the role religion has played in propagating disapproval for the LGBT community and raised questions about gun laws in the United States.
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015