Patriarchates of Eastern Orthodoxy to Meet on Greek Island of Crete
June 17th, 2016
From June 19 (the celebration of Pentecost in the Eastern Calendar) to June 27, the 14 Patriarchates of Eastern Orthodoxy, representing about 260 million Christians, will meet on the island of Crete in Greece in The Great and Holy Council of Eastern Orthodoxy. Pope Francis is sending high-level observers to Crete as a sign of respect, support and encouragement of the Orthodox Church.
Because St. Eugene de Mazenod was so devoted to the Holy Spirit, we Oblates beg our Founder to intercede with the Spirit of discernment, of joy, and of unity, to guide the members of the Great and Holy Synod. May Eastern Orthodoxy, and all Christians radiate more effectively the mercy of the One God in three Persons, through Christ, Our Lord. Amen.
Visit America magazine to read more about this extraordinary meeting and the difficulties being worked out.
Click here for the basic document of four statements to be discussed.
Read about Church dialogue at Ministry of Mission, Unity, Dialogue (MUD) OMI USA Province’s website.
- Photos from Frs. Jim Brobst and Antonio Ponce’s 3-Week Visit to Zambia December 2nd, 2016
- Have a Blessed Thanksgiving! November 23rd, 2016
- Shop for Bargains and Make a Statement this Black Friday November 21st, 2016
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015