Take Action to Support Refugees – Send a Postcard of Mercy
August 31st, 2016
“And who is my neighbor?
He answered, ‘The one who treated him with mercy.’
Jesus said to him, ‘Go and do likewise.’
Luke 10: 29; 36-37
Join Missionary Oblates JPIC as we stand with other religious communities to take action to support and protect refugees who are forced to flee violence in their communities. As people of faith, we cannot turn our backs on refugee families as they flee from violence.
This September, both the United Nations and President Obama will host two historic global summits focused on refugees. There is an urgent need for the United States to show global leadership on refugee protection. Global goals include:
• Increasing humanitarian aid by 30 percent
• Doubling the number of refugee resettlement opportunities
• Guaranteeing the right to work for one million more refugees, and
• Ensuring access to education for one million more refugee children.
Will you join us in calling for the United States to lead by example?
Take action by sending this electronic postcard (e-postcard) to the White House and Members of the U.S. Congress.
*Action alert adapted from USCCB Justice for Immigrants
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015