HIV/AIDS is a global catastrophe that can devastate the economy and social fabric of afflicted countries. A leading cause of death to millions in Sub Saharan Africa, Latin America and parts of Asia, the AIDS pandemic is fueled by high rates of illiteracy, poverty and lack of access to life saving medicines.
The US Oblate JPIC Office networks with Oblates and other Religious in communities around the world affected by the pandemic.
In the US, the office collaborates with faith-based organizations to:
- Advocate for access to essential and affordable AIDS medicines
- Challenge corporations to implement best workplace practices on HIV/AIDS
- Call on corporations to be more active in combating HIV/AIDS in the local community
- Support legislation to increase funding and maintain US commitment to the global HIV/AIDS programs, especially PEPFAR.
- ICCR (Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility)
- Catholic Relief Services
- Catholic Alliance for the Common Good
- ONE Campaign on HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria
- National Catholic AIDS Network
- Partners in Health
- Global Fund
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) – DAC
- World Bank
The Oblate JPIC Office bears no responsibility for the content contained in these links.
- Missionary Ecumenism: Justice, Peace, Integrity of Creation and Lutherans October 20th, 2016
- World Mission Sunday 2016: Mercy Changes the World October 19th, 2016
- Take Action to Support our Haitian Brothers and Sisters October 13th, 2016
- Saint Francis of Assisi: An Inspiration to Care for God’s Creation October 4th, 2016
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015