Border Working Group
The Border Working Group (BGW) is a coalition of faith-centered and human rights groups based in Washington, D.C. In dialogue and collaboration with our partners on the border, we come together out of concern for and in solidarity with migrants and those who live within the U.S./Mexico border areas.
Migrants take incredible risks to cross the border in search of economic opportunities in the United States. They are forced to leave behind families, work in low wage jobs offering no benefits, and live in fear of detention or deportation by immigration agents. Without legal status, migrants have no recourse against abusive employers.
Through advocacy and education, the Oblate JPIC Office works to see that the policies of the U.S. government toward all migrants are created out of a sense of compassion, respect for human rights, and an acknowledgment of the vital role migrants play in our economy and society.
US Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Migration and Refugee Services
Migration Information Source
Border Action Network
No More Deaths (Arizona humanitarian effort at the US/Mexico border)
LAWG – US Border Security and Migration
- For all our blessings, thanks be to God! November 25th, 2015
- Join us in Washington, DC to make a powerful statement about the value of human life November 23rd, 2015
- Church Organizations Host Conference on Land Grab and Just Governance in Africa November 23rd, 2015
- Mark this Advent With Saint Eugène De Mazenod November 18th, 2015
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015