Border Working Group
The Border Working Group (BGW) is a coalition of faith-centered and human rights groups based in Washington, D.C. In dialogue and collaboration with our partners on the border, we come together out of concern for and in solidarity with migrants and those who live within the U.S./Mexico border areas.
Migrants take incredible risks to cross the border in search of economic opportunities in the United States. They are forced to leave behind families, work in low wage jobs offering no benefits, and live in fear of detention or deportation by immigration agents. Without legal status, migrants have no recourse against abusive employers.
Through advocacy and education, the Oblate JPIC Office works to see that the policies of the U.S. government toward all migrants are created out of a sense of compassion, respect for human rights, and an acknowledgment of the vital role migrants play in our economy and society.
US Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Migration and Refugee Services
Migration Information Source
Border Action Network
No More Deaths (Arizona humanitarian effort at the US/Mexico border)
LAWG – US Border Security and Migration
- JPIC attends Congress on the Oblate Charism in Context. July 2nd, 2015
- Zambian Oblate Bishop leads fund initiative to help Church of South Sudan June 30th, 2015
- Our shared Commitment:Disclosure of Oil and Mining payments to Governments June 25th, 2015
- Called to Take Urgent Action:Pope Francis Encyclical “Laudato Si” June 22nd, 2015
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015