Border Working Group
The Border Working Group (BGW) is a coalition of faith-centered and human rights groups based in Washington, D.C. In dialogue and collaboration with our partners on the border, we come together out of concern for and in solidarity with migrants and those who live within the U.S./Mexico border areas.
Migrants take incredible risks to cross the border in search of economic opportunities in the United States. They are forced to leave behind families, work in low wage jobs offering no benefits, and live in fear of detention or deportation by immigration agents. Without legal status, migrants have no recourse against abusive employers.
Through advocacy and education, the Oblate JPIC Office works to see that the policies of the U.S. government toward all migrants are created out of a sense of compassion, respect for human rights, and an acknowledgment of the vital role migrants play in our economy and society.
US Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Migration and Refugee Services
Migration Information Source
Border Action Network
No More Deaths (Arizona humanitarian effort at the US/Mexico border)
LAWG – US Border Security and Migration
- Popular Movements Meet with Pope Francis at the Vatican November 20th, 2014
- Midwest Oblates join Faith-Based Community Organizing Coalition November 20th, 2014
- Canadian Mining Symposium a Success November 9th, 2014
- International OMI JPIC Representatives Meet in Rome November 9th, 2014
Latest Video & Audio
- FACT Launches Podcast Series August 11th, 2014
- New Video on Human Trafficking from the USCCB’s Amistad Project July 8th, 2014