News Archives » advent reflections
Advent Week 4: Called to Celebrate and Protect Life December 21st, 2018
Advent is a liturgical season of prayer, anticipation, hope and joy leading to the birth of Christ. This Advent season we invite you to join in prayer and reflection on how can we care for the Earth our common home; empower our youth to serve; resolve the plight of migrants and refugees; and protect the gift of human life.
We are pleased to offer 1-page weekly reflections on these issues to share with your congregation, communities and use in your own personal prayer time. Reflections will be available in English and Spanish.
A big thank you to our Missionary Oblates and JPIC Committee members for developing the resources. A SPECIAL thank you to Bro. Lester Antonio Zapata, OMI, for providing Spanish translation.
WEEK 4 — December 21
- Click link to download Advent Week 4: Called to Celebrate and Protect Life
contributed by: JPIC Staff & Collaborators
- Haga clic aquí para descargar la versión en español: Semana de Adviento 4: Llamados a celebrar y proteger la vida
WEEK 3 — December 16
- Click link to download Advent Week 3: Called to Welcome Immigrants, Welcoming Hope, contributed by: Dr. Victor Carmona, University of San Diego
- Semana de Adviento 3: Acogiendo a los Inmigrantes, Acogiendo la Esperanza
WEEK 2 — December 9
- Click link to download Advent Week 2: They Give All They Have: Young Adults Called to Serve, contributed by: Fr. Ray Cook, OMI
- Haga clic aquí para descargar la versión en español: Semana de Adviento 2: Ellos dan todo lo que tienen: los jóvenes adultos son llamados a servir
WEEK 1 — December 2
- Click link to download Advent Week 1: Called to Care for Creation contributed by: Sr. Maxine Pohlman, SSND, Director, Oblate Ecological Initiative.
- Haga clic aquí para descargar la versión en español: Semana de Adviento 1: Llamados a cuidar,
Advent Reflections from VIVAT International December 7th, 2013
VIVAT International Ireland members have developed a powerful prayer reflection for Advent 2013, called “Let Your Light Shine”. Find the prayer resource here (Download PDF)
VIVAT International was founded in 2000 by the Society of the Divine Word (SVD) and the Missionary Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit (SSpS) as an organization to lobby in favour of the poor, the marginalized and for the protection of creation at the United Nations. Since 2005, ten other congregations joined the original founders of VIVAT. These include the Spiritans (CSSp), the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate (OMI), the Little Sisters of the Assumption (LSA), the Missionary Sisters of the Holy Rosary (MSHR), Comboni Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (MCCJ), Priests of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (SCJ), and the Religious of the Assumption (RA).
With a very wide distribution of congregations, it can be said that VIVAT has its finger on the pulse of the issues of the poor and marginalized worldwide. It is also a powerful voice as it is geared to bring their agenda to an international audience through lobbying on concrete issues presented by member congregations at the UN.
VIVAT International Advent Prayer Reflection booklet now available November 7th, 2012
We are pleased to share with you “PREPARE A WAY FOR THE LORD” Prayer reflection for Advent 2012, produced by the members of VIVAT International, Ireland. (Download PDF)
We hope that this resource will help us all to reflect on the depth of our Christian Story and its significance for our lives, our communities and our world. May these Advent reflections and prayers become flesh in our lives.