News Archives » advent
Advent Week 4: Called to Celebrate and Protect Life December 21st, 2018
Advent is a liturgical season of prayer, anticipation, hope and joy leading to the birth of Christ. This Advent season we invite you to join in prayer and reflection on how can we care for the Earth our common home; empower our youth to serve; resolve the plight of migrants and refugees; and protect the gift of human life.
We are pleased to offer 1-page weekly reflections on these issues to share with your congregation, communities and use in your own personal prayer time. Reflections will be available in English and Spanish.
A big thank you to our Missionary Oblates and JPIC Committee members for developing the resources. A SPECIAL thank you to Bro. Lester Antonio Zapata, OMI, for providing Spanish translation.
WEEK 4 — December 21
- Click link to download Advent Week 4: Called to Celebrate and Protect Life
contributed by: JPIC Staff & Collaborators
- Haga clic aquí para descargar la versión en español: Semana de Adviento 4: Llamados a celebrar y proteger la vida
WEEK 3 — December 16
- Click link to download Advent Week 3: Called to Welcome Immigrants, Welcoming Hope, contributed by: Dr. Victor Carmona, University of San Diego
- Semana de Adviento 3: Acogiendo a los Inmigrantes, Acogiendo la Esperanza
WEEK 2 — December 9
- Click link to download Advent Week 2: They Give All They Have: Young Adults Called to Serve, contributed by: Fr. Ray Cook, OMI
- Haga clic aquí para descargar la versión en español: Semana de Adviento 2: Ellos dan todo lo que tienen: los jóvenes adultos son llamados a servir
WEEK 1 — December 2
- Click link to download Advent Week 1: Called to Care for Creation contributed by: Sr. Maxine Pohlman, SSND, Director, Oblate Ecological Initiative.
- Haga clic aquí para descargar la versión en español: Semana de Adviento 1: Llamados a cuidar,
Mark this Advent With Saint Eugène De Mazenod November 18th, 2015
Missionary Oblates JPIC is pleased to offer resources for the 2015 Advent season for you to adapt and use in your congregations, communities and personal prayer time. The Advent packet includes themes for the four weeks of Advent with related scripture, quotes from Saint Eugène De Mazenod, reflections and action. Please feel free to share this resource. Download the resource here.
Clergy Resources for Advent on Torture November 10th, 2009
Torture is a Moral Issue…
The National Religious Campaign Against Torture has created excellent materials for clergy to use during Advent. Advent 2009: Resources for Christian Clergy provides commentary on the scriptures and sermon notes that help connect the scriptures with today’s national dialog on the use of torture.