News Archives » world youth parliament
World Youth Parliament June 23rd, 2010
WYP 2010: Towards a Magna Carta of Values for a New Civilization will be held in New York City, August 9-16, 2010. This is a forum where young people (ages 17-30) will commit themselves to explore the foundations of a new society. Participants will propose guidelines which, with effort and some sacrifice, will signal serious change and a way of life leading to a more just society. Accommodations will be at St. John’s University dormitories. For more information go to: WYP.IDENTEYOUTH.US
To give a flavor of the event, these questions were asked on the website:
- Did you ever wanted to change the world but never knew how?
- Everyone speaks of freedom, but is freedom simply to do what one wants?
- Most young people are pursing academic degrees but did you ever ask yourself what is the purpose of education?
- Did you ever ask what is justice or why do we punish people?
- With the current economic crises in mind, did you ever reflect on our society’s ideas and views on work, economy, wealth, etc.?
- And, most importantly, did you ever ask, “Who am I as a person and a human being? What is the foundation of my dignity, rights, and duties?”