2021 World Refugee Day is June 20
June 18th, 2021
(Content courtesy of Washington Interfaith Staff Coalition)
The world continues to face an increase in forced migration, with a record 26.4 million refugees and 48 million internally displaced peoples. Every June 20th, we celebrate World Refugee Day which is a great opportunity to highlight the stories of refugees, asylees and asylum seekers and all of the events that refugee agencies, community groups, faith communities and humanitarian volunteers bring together. This World Refugee Day, we reflect on what #RestoringWelcome means for our communities and the journey that lays ahead.
Resources for World Refugee Day 2021
- Contact your Members of Congress to urge them to support restoring the U.S. refugee resettlement program.
- Watch this 40-minute ecumenical prayer service for World Refugee Day, featuring the words of Maryknoll missioners working with refugees and the voices of refugees who have been resettled with the help of U.S. faith communities.
- Pray this prayer for World Refugee Day 2021.
- Explore this toolkit from the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, featuring prayer, education, and action materials
- Read our two-page issue brief on refugee policy from the 2020 election season.