Letters and Statements of Support
In 2021 JPIC added its name to the following petitions, advocacy and statements of letters. Click here to see statements JPIC signed on to in 2020.
- Joined more that 33 national organizations in supporting the Billionaires Income Tax (BIT) proposed by Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden and supported by President Biden. It is a robust funding source for the Build Back Better (BBB) plan’s vital investments in working families and communities (October/2021).
- A Broad Coalition of Investors with over $2.9 Trillion in Assets Under Management Urge More Transparent Tax Disclosure from FASB (September/2021)
- 2021 Global Investor Statement to Governments on the Climate Crisis: Joined 587 investors managing $46 trillion in assets urge Governments to undertake five priority actions to accelerate climate investment before COP26. ( September/2021)
- Catholic Climate Declaration (September/2021)
- Investor letter to Chevron on Myanmar (September/2021)
- 2021 Global Investor Statement to Governments on the Climate Crisis (September/2021)
- Healthy Planet, Healthy People Petition (September/2021)
- Investor Letter on Permanent Federal Paid Family and Medical Leave ( September/2021)
- Letter to U.S. Security Exchange Commission on exclusion of shareholder proposals implicating the significant policy issue of cost and risk externalization (August/2021)