News Archives » Lenten Message
2018 Lenten Resources February 13th, 2018
“I urge the members of the Church to take up the Lenten journey with enthusiasm, sustained by almsgiving, fasting and prayer.” Pope Francis, 2018 Lenten Message
Lent 2018 runs from February 14 (Ash Wednesday) and ends on Holy Thursday (March 29). In the Catholic tradition, we are asked to observe the three traditional pillars of Lent during this time: prayer, fasting, and almsgiving.
OMI JPIC has compiled a few useful resources to support your Lenten practice.
- Read Pope Francis’ Lent 2018 Message
“Because of the increase of iniquity, the love of many will grow cold”: English | Spanish
- Interreligious Working Group on Extractive Industries: Worship Aid for Lent 2018 and online Lenten Calendar
- Written by Fr. Ron Rolheiser, OMI, Daily Reflections for Lent
- Pax Christi’s e-booklet of reflections for Lent 2018: Go Forth & Live in Peace (cost $3.75)
- US Conference of Cath0lic Bishops: Online Lenten Calendar 2018
- Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns’ Lenten Reflection Guide: Forty Days with Scripture and Laudato Si’