Pax Christi Rejects “Just War”
September 10th, 2014
Over many centuries, Church leaders and theologians justified the crusades, the inquisition, slavery, torture, capital punishment and war as consistent with the will of God. Only one of them retains that position in official church teaching today. Pax Christi, the peace movement of the Catholic Church believes it is time for the Catholic Church to reject “just war” as inconsistent with the teaching and example of Jesus, and to become a Just Peace Church.
“Violence and war are never the way to peace!” “War is the suicide of humanity because it kills the heart and kills love.” – Pope Francis
The Oblate JPIC Office is a member of Pax Christi USA.
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015