Democratic Republic of the Congo
Congo has suffered in recent decades from war and violent conflicts which have left millions of people dead or displaced. Oblates have been serving in Congo for the past 75 years in parish ministry, youth education, care for the sick, prison ministry and community development projects. As the country rebuilds itself from conflict, Oblates in Congo are working through youth education and community projects to create opportunities for a better life for war victims and displaced people.
The violence in the eastern part of the country continues. We will post information on this site frequently. Search under DR Congo.
- Missionary Oblates in Zimbabwe: “borehole for clean water” is a lifeline delivered. July 14th, 2015
- Engaging for Impact March 2nd, 2015
- Important Advances in Pediatric AIDS Drug Development December 3rd, 2014
- International OMI JPIC Representatives Meet in Rome November 9th, 2014
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015