Illinois Bishops call for Immigration Reform and Support of Immigrant Families
January 10th, 2012
The Bishops of Illinois opened National Migration Week, which started January 8, with a statement calling on Catholics to provide support to immigrant families and advocate for comprehensive immigration reform.
During the next six months, each diocese in Illinois will share the stories and realities of immigrant families in their parishes and communities. These stories will be published in diocesan newspapers, bulletin inserts and on our website.
If you have actions, news and reflections about the National Immigration Week from your community, parish or diocese, please share these with the JPIC office.
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015