Faithful Budget Released
March 22nd, 2012
WASHINGTON, DC — Today on Capitol Hill, prominent Christian, Jewish and Muslim leaders unveiled a Faithful Budget document, which encourages the Obama Administration and Congress to maintain a robust commitment to domestic and international poverty assistance programs.
The document has been submitted to all Members of Congress and the Administration. Faith communities will make follow up visits to Congress. The Annual Ecumenical Advocacy Days conference this coming weekend is titled Is THIS the Fast I Seek? Economy, Livelihood and Our National Priorities. Participants will visit their Congressional representatives on Monday and will take the Faithful budget document with them as a blueprint.
Issues highlighted in the Faithful Budget are: Homelessness, Healthcare, Immigration Reform, Affordable Housing, Global HIV/AIDS, International Disaster, Climate Change, Issues affecting Disabled people, Hunger and Education.
Oblate JPIC staff provided input to the document on certain issues and the Oblate JPIC Office is one of the signatories of the Faithful Budget Campaign.
More information is available at www.faithfulbudget.org
Below are photo highlights from the launch of the Faithful Budget:
- Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship September 30th, 2016
- Superior General Louis Lougen, OMI Re-Elected September 30th, 2016
- A video tribute to Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI (1980-2016) September 22nd, 2016
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015