National Day for Dignity and Respect
September 29th, 2013
A broad coalition of immigrants rights groups, people of faith, labor and civil rights groups are working to send a message to Members of Congress that now is the time for comprehensive immigration reform.
Select cities holding a mobilization on October 5 National Day for Dignity and Respect:
- San Antonio, Texas: Elemdorf Park; 2pm
- New Orleans, Louisiana: New Orleans Workers’ Center for Racial Justice Office, 217 N. Prieur Street; 11am
- St. Louis, Missouri: St. Cecilia’s Catholic Church, 5414 Alaska Ave.; 10am
- Minneapolis, Minnesota: Basilica of St. Mary, 88 N 17th St.; 12:30pm
- Buffalo, NY: 2421 Main Street; 1pm
- Houston, Texas: 901 Bagby St.; 3pm
- Miami, Florida: Jose Marti Park 362 SW 4th St.; 1pm
- New Haven, Connecticut: Peoples Art Collective 212 College Street; 12:30 pm
- Boston, MA: Copley Square 12:00 pm; Time and Location may change.
- Los Angeles, California: event happening on October 4th,; 4:00 pm; Meet at the Sheraton in Downtown Los Angeles
Visit www.octoberimmigration.org for more detailed information and many additional locations.
On October 8, tens of thousands are expected to bring these efforts to Washington DC with a rally on the National Mall.
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
- Support the BRIGDE Act for Young Immigrants January 13th, 2017
- Remembering Dr. King’s Legacy Promotes Christian Unity January 5th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015