Oblate JPIC is hiring a full time Communications Coordinator!
July 7th, 2015
Job Opening – Communications Coordinator
Terms: Full Time Employee
Experience: Minimum 2-3 years relevant work experience
Location: Washington, DC
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Compensation: Competitive and excellent benefits
Expires: August 14, 2015
The Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate – Justice, Peace, and Integrity of Creation Office is seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator. The Office of Justice, Peace, and Integrity of Creation coordinates social justice ministry and advocacy efforts in the United States of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate on behalf of the interests of the poor and abandoned in the U.S. and 65 countries where the Oblates are in mission.
The Communications Coordinator assists in developing and implements the organization’s communications and outreach strategy. The communications coordinator will ensure that all Oblates JPIC communications; website, print, social media, event resources reflect and support the Missionary Oblates JPIC strategic mission and goals. Communications Coordinator will report to the JPIC Director and the Associate Director.
- Primary website editor and publisher. Maintain and updating the JPIC website weekly with stories related to the mission of the JPIC office. Maintenance of website links and content on the permanent pages. Ensure all content posted follows best practices.
- Managerial responsibility for the JPIC Report newsletter. The work will include proofing, editing and writing some newsletter content. Coordinate other staff, writers, and printers to meet newsletter-publishing schedules and achieve quality production.
- Manage Social Media channels. Maintain and update JPIC Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Blog accounts. Post context to social media accounts and make social media calendar as needed in line with best practices to drive organization strategic mission and goals.
- Represent, as requested the JPIC office at selected meetings of national organizations, which Oblates support.
- In coordination with the JPIC Director and Associate Director, support the mission on corporate responsibility. Work includes proxy voting and filing corporate resolutions. Provide a timely report about corporate engagements.
- Report, as requested to the JPIC Director and Associate Director on the communications strategy.
- As needed edit content for Action Alerts on specific issues.
- Supports major office annual events and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by the JPIC Director and Associate Director.
Key Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree minimum required.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience with non-profit organizations or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in newsletter production.
- Experience with website content management.
- Proficient in social media platforms.
- Excellent writing and strong communications skills.
- Have some familiarity with Social Teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Prefer some social justice and advocacy experience.
- Experience in coordinating diverse outreach programs. Bilingual(English/Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
Please send your resume and list of references to email@example.com