Oblate JPIC: Shared Commitment to Serve the Poor and Vulnerable
July 10th, 2015
Oblate JPIC Office has positive and long-standing partnerships with other like-minded organizations. The U.S. Province supports these partners and collaborates with them to advance social justice ministry.
Since June 2015, Oblate JPIC staff has met in person and via conference calls with some of these organizations to explore more opportunities for collaboration. The meetings have focused on sharing areas of common effort and learning about new initiatives and programs. The expertise of each organization allows us to accomplish more.
All of these partners have active presence where Missionary Oblates are already working, so Oblates are glad to have them as partners.
Some of our partners are:
- Latin America Working Group (LAWG): As a trusted voice on Latin American issues and related U.S. policy, LAWG focuses on U.S. policies towards Latin America and promotes human rights, justice, peace and sustainable development throughout the region. See more at: www.lawg.org
- Catholic Rural Life (CRL): This group uses the teachings of Jesus Christ to advocate for social, economic, and spiritual development of rural America. For more: https://catholicrurallife.org/
- Washington Office on Latin America (WOLA): As a research and advocacy organization, WOLA has a mission to advance human rights and social justice in the Americas. More at http://www.wola.org/
- Jubilee USA: is a long-time advocate for debt cancellation for the world’s poorest countries. Jubilee USA advocates that money saved by debt cancellation can go to initiatives like making healthcare more accessible and affordable, preventing and treating HIV/AIDs, and protecting women and children who often suffer the most. More at http://www.jubileeusa.org
- A video tribute to Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI (1980-2016) September 22nd, 2016
- 36th General Chapter of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate Convening in Rome September 16th, 2016
- Remembering Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI September 15th, 2016
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015