36th General Chapter of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate Convening in Rome
September 16th, 2016
Every six years, leaders of the Oblate Congregation from around the world gather in Rome to pray and discern what will be the focus of the Missionary Oblates for the next six years. This year’s General Chapter will run from September 14, to October 11, 2016.
U.S. Oblates attending the General Chapter include: U.S. Provincial, Very Rev. William Antone, Fr. Louis Studer, Fr. James Taggart, Bro. Jason Rossignol, Fr. James Allen, Fr. Fernando Velasquez and Fr. Tom Ovalle.
In a short video, Superior General, the Very Rev. Louis Lougen, OMI, describes the meeting and offers hopes for its success during this 200th Jubilee Year of the Founding of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate by St. Eugene de Mazenod.
Visit OMIUSA’s website to see reports and pictures from the first week of the Chapter.
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015