The Oblate Faith Consistent Investment program challenges corporations to ethical standards in their social and financial policies. As Investors, we are concerned with excessive CEO compensation. The past two decades have seen an unprecedented growth in executive compensation and a dramatic increase in the ratio between the compensation of executives and their employees. Some CEOs have received enormous exit packages despite poor performance as top executives.
We call on corporations to diversify the board of directors and demand greater board independence by adopting a policy of separate CEO and chairperson of the board. Oblate FRI has engaged in corporate meetings with Apple Computer, Time Warner, Bank of America, Morgan Stanley and Citigroup.
The Missionary Oblates work with other members of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR) through corporate dialogues and the filing of shareholder resolutions to press companies to adopt these priorities.
Faith Responsible Investing News
- Missionary Oblates in Zimbabwe: “borehole for clean water” is a lifeline delivered. July 14th, 2015
- Faiths See Climate Change as a Moral and Practical Threat May 4th, 2015
- Two Years After Rana Plaza… May 1st, 2015
- Faith-based Investors Help VOICE to Secure Needed Funding from GE April 28th, 2015
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015