The Oblate Faith Consistent Investment initiative promotes internationally recognized human rights standards in corporations’ operations, and in their supply chain relationships.
The ICCR Working Group on Human Rights, of which the Oblates of Mary Immaculate is a member, “challenges corporations to adopt, implement, monitor and report on comprehensive human rights policies that respect the rights of employees and the rights of individuals and groups in the societies where they operate.”
The Oblates are active in:
- Labor and Environmental issues in Supply Chains
- Extractive Industries
- Human Trafficking
- Access to Medicines
We believe the promotion and protection of human rights – civil, political, social, religious, cultural and economic – are minimum standards for all social institutions, including companies. We work to change corporate policies and practices to ensure respect for the basic human rights of all stakeholders.
We believe that every human being is created in the image of God. We therefore call on corporations to:
- Adopt and implement comprehensive human rights policies for their own employees and throughout their operations.
- Agree to internal and independent monitoring of the policies.
- Demonstrate compliance and remediation actions
- Report on the results of the implementation of human rights policies to all stakeholders.