Foreclosure Prevention and Job Stimulus Plans Presented to Rep. Howard Berman of California
February 4th, 2009
The Oblates of Mary Immaculate staff three parishes in the Los Angeles area. They are active supporters and participants in an effort to address the acute challenges facing homeowners and others hit by the severe economic downturn in their area.
Two proposals to stem foreclosures and stimulate job training were presented recently to the area’s Congressional representative, Howard Berman, a senior democrat in Congress. Presentation took place on January 25 at an assembly of more than 500 people from churches, synagogues and unions in San Fernando CA.
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015