New OMI JPIC Immigration Resource Available
April 22nd, 2010
The OMI JPIC Office has launched a new resource on immigration. The 11 page booklet contains educational and advocacy tips about issues related to needed immigration reform. Now that health care is finally off the Congressional legislative agenda, representatives may be able to take up this pressing issue.
The booklet, “Oblate JPIC Immigration Resource: Immigration is Matter of Faith” is designed to offer insights useful in discussing immigration reform and exploring possibilities for solidarity with immigrants. Contents include:
- Faith communities concern for migrants; Questions for Reflections; Catholic Social Teaching on Migration
- Why Comprehensive Immigration is good; Current Immigration legislation in Congress.
- Principles for humane immigration policies and reasonable border control
- Talking Points on immigration and ways to express solidarity with Immigrants
- Quotes by Oblates reflecting about migration
Updates will be made as an immigration reform bill nears the congressional floor for debate.