People of Faith Against the Death Penalty
August 30th, 2011
Religious leaders are being invited to join the calling for clemency for Georgia’s Troy Davis. People of Faith Against the Death Penalty and Amnesty International are working with religious leaders to encourage others from all faith traditions to endorse a public letter urging the Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles to commute the death sentence of Troy Davis.
In March, the U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear Troy Davis’s appeals and set the stage for him to possibly face a fourth execution date at any time. Only the Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles can stop his execution now. More than 1,500 leaders from around the country have already endorsed the letter. These include leaders of many different faith traditions, including Catholic, Baptist and Methodist clergy and religious communities.
Religious leaders can read and sign the clemency letter for Georgia’s Davis Troy at www.troyletter.org
- Festival of Social Doctrine: “Multi-stakeholder Collaboration” December 8th, 2016
- The Missionary Oblates Wish You a Blessed Advent and Christmas December 6th, 2016
- Prayer for the Feast of The Immaculate Conception December 5th, 2016
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015