50th Anniversary of the March on Washington
August 21st, 2013
Following the March for Jobs and Justice, President Obama will speak to the nation from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, the same spot from which Dr. Martin Luther King issued his famous “I had a dream” speech. The Lincoln Memorial Commemoration activities are designed to commemorate and continue the pressure for civil rights and economic justice pursued by Dr. King and civil rights advocates 50 years ago. Information for the celebration can be found on the 50th Anniversary March on Washington website.
We invite your reflections on this historic day. Were you present at the March in 1963? We are collecting stories from people who were there to march for jobs and freedom. Send your recollections and reflections to email@example.com in the JPIC Office and we will post them to the website.
- A video tribute to Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI (1980-2016) September 22nd, 2016
- 36th General Chapter of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate Convening in Rome September 16th, 2016
- Remembering Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI September 15th, 2016
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015