San Fernando JPIC Group Active in Social Justice Ministry
October 9th, 2013
The Social Justice Group from Mary Immaculate, Santa Rosa, and San Ferdinand Church participated in a large march for comprehensive immigration reform that was held in Los Angeles over the weekend. Three buses went from San Fernando Valley to Downtown LA.
The group walked together with more that 10,000 people. The march covered about two miles and finished in front of the Los Angeles City Hall.
The Social Justice group has also been offering citizenship classes every Thursday from 6:pm to 9:00pm. More than 40 students ranging from in their 40’s to 70 years old participate. The classes are free.
Thanks to Br Lucio Cruz OMI for this information!
- Festival of Social Doctrine: “Multi-stakeholder Collaboration” December 8th, 2016
- The Missionary Oblates Wish You a Blessed Advent and Christmas December 6th, 2016
- Prayer for the Feast of The Immaculate Conception December 5th, 2016
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015