San Fernando JPIC Group Active in Social Justice Ministry
October 9th, 2013
The Social Justice Group from Mary Immaculate, Santa Rosa, and San Ferdinand Church participated in a large march for comprehensive immigration reform that was held in Los Angeles over the weekend. Three buses went from San Fernando Valley to Downtown LA.
The group walked together with more that 10,000 people. The march covered about two miles and finished in front of the Los Angeles City Hall.
The Social Justice group has also been offering citizenship classes every Thursday from 6:pm to 9:00pm. More than 40 students ranging from in their 40’s to 70 years old participate. The classes are free.
Thanks to Br Lucio Cruz OMI for this information!
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015