Immigration Reform: Catholic Efforts During Lent
February 21st, 2014
The Justice for Immigrants Campaign continues to advocate for immigration reform despite obstacles by some members of Congress. The campaign provides prayer materials, background on policy priorities, and reflections about the need for immigration reform this year. There’s also a Facebook page about their efforts.
As part of the campaign, the national Catholic social justice lobby NETWORK has produced informative materials to help faith communities in prayer and action for immigration reform during the upcoming Lent season. Sign-up here to receive these resources in a weekly email series throughout Lent.
Save the date: The 2014 National Migration Conference will take place in Washington, DC, on July 7-10. This gathering is designed to build the capacity of the Catholic Church and society to advance the life and dignity of the human person in our work with immigrants, migrants, refugees, unaccompanied migrant children, victims of human trafficking, and other vulnerable people on the move.
Thanks to our friends at Catholic Rural Life for this information
- A video tribute to Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI (1980-2016) September 22nd, 2016
- 36th General Chapter of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate Convening in Rome September 16th, 2016
- Remembering Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI September 15th, 2016
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015