Missionary Oblates join faith,business & human right groups to urge Congress to Support U.S. Embassy in Cuba.
July 20th, 2015
The Missionary Oblates joined more than 28 diverse organizations including our partner organization,Washington Office on Latin America (WOLA) in issuing a joint statement urging Congress to support the establishment of a U.S. embassy in Cuba.
The statement reads, “The establishment of embassies is not an endorsement of a foreign government. It is simply a platform from which to engage host country government officials, members of civil society and business groups.”
Read the statement here: Support for a US Embassy in Cuba FULL HOUSE and SENATE (1)
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015