Oblates and their People Caught in the Crossfire in Sri Lanka – Take Action Now!
January 28th, 2009
An estimated 250,000 Tamil civilians are trapped in a small (250 sq mile) area of jungle in northeast Sri Lanka as the government military battles the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Elam (LTTE). Six Oblates, who along with their people have moved for several months to avoid the fighting, are now trapped on the front lines.
An immediate cease fire, followed by the establishment of a corridor of safety must be established to enable the trapped population to escape to safety zones removed from the fighting.
Emails to Sri Lankan President Rajapaksa and others are urgently needed. Please take action today – click here to use the suggested letter to the President in our recent Action Alert.
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015