Fr. Carl Kabat Protests Nuclear Weapons Once Again
August 15th, 2009
Father Carl Kabat, OMI was whose work has been marked by anti-nuclear activism has been arrested for entering a missile silo facility in Colorado.
Statement to the Press from Fr Carl:
“The Roman Catholic Church, of which I am a priest, at the close of its Vatican Council II in 1965 condemned nuclear bombs as a crime against humanity and are to be condemned unreservedly.
The World Council of Churches has proclaimed that ‘the manufacture, deployment or use of nuclear bombs is a crime against humanity.’
I support President Barack Obama’s desire and have attempted to do my little bit in his effort.
The nuclear bomb that is in the ground here is more than 20 times more powerful than the atomic bombs we dropped on the Japanese. Each of those bombs killed more than 100,000 people. At lest twenty times that number totals more than 2 million people.
The Bible says in the words of Isaiah. ‘They shall beat their spears into pruning hooks and their swords into plowshares.’
May the Holy One have mercy on us for not doing so.”
Fr Carl Kabat
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015