Interfaith Moral Action On Climate
April 20th, 2012
Interfaith Moral Action on Climate is a broad-based interfaith coalition formed to raise up the need for urgent action on climate change. Believing that the threat posed by Climate Change is a moral issue, IMAC has planned a series of events to coincide with Earth Day. To avoid conflicting with other events planned in Washington DC for Earth Day weekend, and because they will be visiting members of Congress, IMAC has scheduled the group’s activities for Tuesday April 24. If you are in the area, we encourage you to become involved. The Missionary Oblates JPIC Office is an endorsing organization. Full information is available on the IMAC website.
Schedule of activities:
Sunrise – 9:15 am Vigil • 8:30 am Interfaith Service with Bill McKibben, Ibrahim Ramey, Indigenous leaders, Luci Murphy Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
10:30 am “Cry of the Earth: A Service for Healing the Climate” with: Imam Johari Abdul-Malik, Dr. Carroll Baltimore, Sr. Simone Campbell/SSS, Rev. Richard Cizik, Rabbi Fred Scherlinder Dobb, Mohawk Clan Mother Louise McDonald, Rev. Lennox Yearwood, and others at the NY Ave. Presbyterian Church,1313 New York Ave., NW; Bring some earth from your local community to be healed at the Service
12 noon Multi-faith Procession to the US Capitol
- Upper Senate Park, 200 New Jersey Ave. NW
- Wear religious garb if possible
1 pm Brown bag lunch for yourself and to share
1:30 pm Commissioning Vigil at the Capitol
2 – 4:30 pm Constituent Visits with Ethical Report Cards
- meet with members in the House and Senate (Sign up for this separately on the IMAC website)
4:30 – 6:00 pm Closing, Sharing & Benediction
- Lutheran Church of the Reformation, 212 East Capitol St.
- (behind the Supreme Court)
People of faith and good will around the country who cannot join us on April 24 are urged to have vigils in their local communities.
- January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month January 17th, 2017
- Fr. Seamus Finn among Presenters at the Rome Roundtable 2017 January 17th, 2017
- Investors and Public Health Groups Voice Support for Affordable Care Act January 13th, 2017
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015