Solar Roofs in the Oblate Delegation of Pakistan
January 24th, 2013
Several houses in the Oblate Delegation in Pakistan have been blessed with solar energy systems. On three roofs, solar electric panels stand facing the sun, which convert sunlight into electricity. These houses are: Mazenod House (Superior’s residence) Lahore; Oblate Philosophate, Lahore; and Oblate Juniorate, Multan.
Besides reducing electricity bills, the solar panels will maintain a steady supply of electricity, as the energy crisis continues to engulf Pakistan. Presently the country is without electricity for 8 to 14 hours a day. Now students will be able to carry on with their studies without interruption at night.
The installment of solar panels is also in line with the international efforts to develop alternate energy sources to protect the environment. It is clean, green and environment-friendly energy. It will greatly meet the domestic needs of these Oblate facilities, and mean less dependence on the Water and Power Development Authority, (WAPDA).
In this endeavor, the Oblate Delegation of Pakistan is thankful to donors who have helped this project come true.
- A video tribute to Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI (1980-2016) September 22nd, 2016
- 36th General Chapter of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate Convening in Rome September 16th, 2016
- Remembering Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI September 15th, 2016
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015