Earth Hour – March 28 – Vote for the Earth!
March 3rd, 2009
Send a clear message to politicians that we want action on global warming now. Join millions around the globe who plan to turn off their lights at 8:30pm for an hour on March 28. This simple action of turning off our lights will send the message that we care deeply about the world we will leave for our children.
Join others in cities and towns around the US and across the globe in making Earth Hour a wake-up call for our representatives in Washington!
This is the world’s first global election – a contest between earth and global warming. On March 28 you can VOTE EARTH by switching off your lights for one hour.
Or you can vote for global warming by leaving your lights on.
The results of the election are being presented at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009. We want one billion votes for Earth, to tell world leaders that we have to take action against global warming.
- Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship September 30th, 2016
- Superior General Louis Lougen, OMI Re-Elected September 30th, 2016
- A video tribute to Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI (1980-2016) September 22nd, 2016
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015