Massachusetts Introduces Congo Conflict Minerals Bill
October 7th, 2011
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has introduced a bill that could make a significant difference in the lives of the people in the Democratic Republic of Congo. State Representative Martin J. Walsh (D) introduced An Act Relative to Congo Conflict Minerals (HD 04065). Access to Democratic Republic of Congo’s natural resources has been a principal driver of violent atrocities, particularly in the east where most of the mines are located.
If passed, HD 04065 would prohibit the Commonwealth of Massachusetts from contracting with companies that do not comply with federal regulations for the certification of minerals originating in the Congo. The legislation would make Massachusetts the second state in the nation to pass conflict minerals legislation for Congo. California was the first to pass such legislation.
Sign this petition to show your support for Massachusetts Congo Conflict Bill: www.change.org/petitions/the-ma-state-senate-pass-the-massachusetts-congo-conflict-minerals-bill-hd-04065
- A video tribute to Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI (1980-2016) September 22nd, 2016
- 36th General Chapter of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate Convening in Rome September 16th, 2016
- Remembering Fr. Kennedy Katongo, OMI September 15th, 2016
Latest Video & Audio
- Goodbye to Plastic Bags in Laredo Texas April 14th, 2015
- Mexican Migrant Children Forgotten at the Border January 22nd, 2015